We completed the first six BadPrinter2 of the second batch.
All the machines are completely designed, assembled and tested by us, so our production rate is quite small; this is the reason why we are proud when we see those machines standing in line, ready for shipment. Half of them are headed to Germany; we are happy to start spreading also some BadPrinter2 across Europe.
Two big improvements were included in this new batch; a completely redesigned heated bed and the new E3D v6 hotends.
There are some other minor changes included in the design to improve the reliability and usability of our printer.
Heated Bed: The “old” Alu sheet had done its work, but it was, sometime, tricky to adjust; also the tempered glass was not completely planar due to the heat treatment.
We switch to an 8 mm milled aluminum plate with side thrust pin on both sides in order to retain firmly the glass, but allowing a quick removal of it.
The square glass is replaced by a not tempered one (more planar) with 5 mm thickness with the option to have also a more stylish smoky glass.
v6 hotends: in the same way, the v5 hotends are very good quality extruders, but the new one are more compact, clean (no messy kapton on the hot part to retain the thermistor in place) and with the bowden tube that goes all through the cold part there is an improvement when printing elastic and soft filament.
For the same reason, also the filament feeder bowden coupling was replaced by the bigger plastic one that allows the bowden tube to goes closer to the feeder gear.