Long week-end, Hard work

It is some time after the last post, but we are very busy working on the pre-series version of the BadPrinter2, in particular these three days of hard work.
After the MakerFaireRome we evaluate and identify all the areas where the BadPrinter2 can be improved: we found a lot of minor improvements that can allow us to make the machine more precise, reliable and easy to maintain.
Starting from the extruder we decide to introduce the possibility to trim the spring tension, so we are making some prototypes and the results are very good, we need to try it in the machine testing the extrusion during real prints.

IMG_20131102_194842

IMG_20131103_183339

IMG_20131103_185930

We are also reviewing the metallic frame; we want to switch to a complete laser cut steel frame, so there are some work to do in accomodating all the parts in the new frame.
We will maintain the winning H-Gantry style and the very good E3D hotend.

Moreover, this week some new material arrived: PVA, Nylon and Rubberlike material; we start with some test print with red rubber from Plastink and we discover it is an interesting material: it prints easily and it is quite flexible.

IMG_20131021_131615

Next days we will try with Nylon 🙂

2 responses to “Long week-end, Hard work

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s