Four days to the MakerFaireRome

On the 3rd of October we will be in Rome for the first European MakerFaire. We are preparing a lot of things so we don’t post much in the last week, but today we have quite a lot of material.
We finish the flyer that include all the information and some nice picture of 3D printed object.
Here it is, feel free to print and distribute it 🙂

Cover

BD-Brochure-EN_4Web

BD-Brochure-IT_4Web

Here some of the 3D printed object that we print the last two weeks as examples for our booth.

DSC_6018

DSC_6003

DSC_6005

DSC_6012

pompa

Stay tuned during the next weekend, we try to make real time update of our experience in Rome 🙂 and for everyone that want to visit the Faire, we will be happy to meet you in there!

Paint it black!

We are completing the last things before going to the MakerFaireRome! Ten days to go 🙂
So the first thing is to paint the BadPrinter2 as promised and the machine without war scars its far way better and fantastic looking.

Painted BadPrinter2

Next thing is to made some nice shot to the best 3D printed part that we made until now in order to have some picture to include in the flyer we distribute during the faire and some picture are quite nice 🙂

DSC_6004

Now we have also a Thingiverse account were you can find our creation, the link is:

http://www.thingiverse.com/BadDevices/designs

Other stuff to do is to prepare the material, the spare parts and so on.

Then we concentrate on the design of the “series” printer, we start revising the metal enclosure to allow a better and easier assembly and a more robust construction and today we will continue improving the Z bed movement system.

Learning Kisslicer

After long time finally our business cards are arrived…
Now we are ready 😀 😀

Image

 

We are dealing with Kisslicer and discovering its features.
In the image you can see the printing difference between a layer 0,1mm on the left, and 0,2mm on the right.

Image

 

But there is more…
I was printing at 0,1 a yellow washer for my intuos pen, but it come out not perfect,
so i try with a different parameter (width extrusion at 0,2) and i was surprised again.
You can see the difference; on the left the “bugged” one, on the right the one printed with a thinner width.

Image

 

🙂

 

Fully Assembled Printable Wrench

We see this challenging piece on thingiverse:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:139268

By barspin; this is the adjustable wrench to be printed in one piece and it works!

image

The white one was printed with Slic3r at 0.2 mm layer and it tooks about 1 hour and 20 minutes and after removing the additional supports and material it moves 🙂

image

Check out the video; the piece is straight and of good quality for the layer height and speed that we use.

After that we try a multicolor print, we modify the .STP file separating the section and creating the .AMF file needed for multicolor.
This time we print it with Cura, but it seems that the support generated automatically are too strong and does not break and do not allow free movement of the adjustable parts.
Anyway it was a good and fun experiment 🙂